Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Check Out the Nautical Charts
















Here is a selection of painted nautical charts. I have a series of 25. I take old nautical charts and find something mysterious in the ocean or the coast line and create a collage along with an original acrylic painting. I incorporate compass roses, old stamps and old fish images along with lots of other elements
The images are a visual reminder of what we see on the surface. The nautical charts provide the surface for paint but more importantly, the depth of knowledge that exists in all the information, nautical symbols and graphs and depths.
I am almost done with these pieces, I just need to write my thoughts in each
of the cartouche. This is the fun part that will add humor and certainly a little mystery.
What do you think....any suggestions?



No comments: