Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, February 22, 2019

What is going on with "The Blog"?

So if you have noticed it had been 3 years since before this last post! What is going on? I noticed I had stopped going to all my favorite blogs and even my own these last three years.  All my energy has been focused on projects and more interestingly on my 3 instagram(here and here) accounts and my pinterest board and my 2 web sites  and here. Please note I do not spend much time on facebook! They all seem to do a better job of reaching more people than this blog ever could. I must admit I miss the intimacy of this format and the ability to have a more authentic voice. I love the visuals on instagram and pinterest but miss the human connection.
One of the greatest aspects of a blog page is the ability to see what someone has been up to most recently. However, I am noticing a trend at many of my favorite artist and creative sites that their blogs also seem to  have been abandoned . It is almost like the "blog" has gone the way of the once so precious CD mix of my favorite music.  So this post is an experiment to see if anyone is out there?
Hello....Hello....Hello?

Also an experiment to see if the bots are even paying attention any more. I will let you know how it goes soon.
"Mable always loved reading in her swimming pool"Collage and mix media by Jennifer w Mark 16" x 16"


These two are different, can you find the 10 changes I made in the final piece above?
"Mable always loved reading in her swimming pool" first draft

No comments: